Approximately 3.7 percent of adults in the U.S. currently vape or use an electronic cigarette on a regular basis. That works out to more than nine million people.
Are you interested in giving it a try?
Whether you’re a current smoker who’s hoping to quit or you just want to do what the cool kids are doing, the world of vaping can be a bit intimidating.
There are a lot of different types of vapes out there and it can be hard to figure out which one is right for you.
Read on for some tips that will help you find the perfect vape. You’ll also learn more about the benefits of vaping and tips beginners should keep in mind when they start to vape.
Benefits of Vaping
There are a lot of reasons why you might want to take up vaping. Some of the greatest benefits of vaping include:
- More affordable: Vaping is much more cost-effective than smoking cigarettes; vapes tend to cost more upfront, but they last a lot longer than cigarettes.
- More fun: Vape oils come in dozens of different flavors; it’s a lot more fun to vape, and you don’t have to deal with icky smoker’s breath.
- Manage nicotine intake: When you vape, you can manage your nicotine intake better; if you’re trying to quit smoking, this can help you slowly taper off and increase your risk of succeeding.
- Nicotine-free options: You also don’t have to vape with a product that contains nicotine; there are nicotine-free vape oils, essential oils, and even vape oils that contain cannabinoids like CBD (cannabidiol).
Clearly, there are a lot of reasons why you might want to take up vaping. Vaping is for everyone, even those who don’t smoke and have never smoked.
Vaping is an especially good modality for consuming CBD since it allows the CBD to get into the bloodstream via the lungs and take effect faster.
How to Find the Perfect Vape
Okay, you’re convinced that you might want to give vaping a try. How do you find the right vape, though?
Here are some guidelines that will help you sort through your options and choose a good product:
First, it’s important to understand the basic structure of a vaporizer. Most vapes are comprised of the following elements:
- Vape tank: This is the portion of the device that holds the wick, the heating coil, and the vape liquid.
- Vape coil: This is a piece of wire that is wound in a coil shape; it absorbs the vape liquid and then vaporizes the liquid when it’s heated.
- Battery: This powers the device.
- Vape mod: This houses the battery.
There’s also the vape liquid to take into account. This liquid is often a mixture of vegetable glycerine, flavoring, propylene glycol, and nicotine (in some cases).
Even vaporizers that are meant for consuming other products, such as cannabis or cannabis concentrates, are still comprised of these basic elements.
Types of Vaporizers
Almost all vaporizers contain the elements listed above. There are a few different types of vaporizers, though, including the following:
- Herbal vaporizers: Herbal vaporizers are meant for vaporizing the cannabis plant.
- Concentrate vaporizers: These vaporizers are meant for vaporizing concentrated products — cannabis concentrates, concentrated vape liquids, etc.
- Multi-use vaporizers: These vaporizers are versatile, as their name suggests, and can be used for vaporizing various products.
You can also buy single-use vaporizers. These vaporizers come with a small cartridge of vape liquid and are meant to be used once before they’re thrown away.
Stationary vs. Portable Vaporizers
When you’re choosing a vaporizer for yourself, you also need to think about where you’re going to be vaping. Do you want to vape exclusively in your home, or do you want to be able to vape on the go?
If you want to vape at home, you can invest in a stationary vaporizer. These vaporizers are larger and more powerful, but they’re obviously not very easy to transfer from one area to another.
If you want to be able to vape anytime and anywhere, a portable vaporizer, such as a vape pen, is a better option. These vaporizers are small and easier to use, although they don’t have as much as power as a stationary vaporizer.
Of course, price matters, too. You can buy vapes that fit just about any budget.
There are vape kits that cost as little as $25-50, or you can spend several hundred dollars for a top-of-the-line model.
Plenty of low-cost vapes work perfectly well, especially for those who just want to vape casually.
If you plan to vape a lot, though, it may be worth it for you to invest a little more money initially.
Tips for First-Time Vapers
As you can see, there are a lot of different options out there if you want to start vaping. Once you’ve chosen the right vape for you, you’re also going to need help making sure you’re using it properly.
Here are some tips the help first-time vapers feel more comfortable:
- Invest in a high-quality vape liquid, vape concentrate, or other vape product — this will make the experience much more enjoyable
- Make sure your vape is charged all the way
- Start slowly with just a small drag
- Avoid sucking in too hard — this will cause you to breathe in liquid instead of just vapor
- Clean your vape on a regular basis to ensure it continues to function properly
Vaping with a friend can also be a good experience, especially your first time. They’ll be able to guide you through the process and ensure you’re doing it correctly.
Learn More About Vaping
Now that you know more about vaping and how to find the perfect vape for your needs, it’s time for the fun part — shopping!
Keep these tips and guidelines in mind and you’ll have no trouble finding a great vape that works perfectly for you.
Do you want to learn more about vaping? Do you want to learn the ins and outs of different vaping tools?
If so, check out some of the other articles on our site. Start by reading this article on mech mods today.